As we continue to update everyone on the situations at hand, we want to once again assure you that we are doing everything we can to continue to provide a safe, clean, and healthy environment for your children. We had begun taking extra precautions last year to prepare for the cold and flu season by doing the following:
- More frequent cleaning of all areas
- Purchasing a $3,000 air purifying/cleaning system
- Continuing to provide hand sanitizing stations
- Using disposable cups vs. a water fountain
In addition to that, we are taking the following extra precautions:
- Frequent deep cleaning and sanitizing throughout the day
- Ensuring staff and students are washing their hands
- Multiple access to hand sanitizer
- Spreading out practice times in the gym to reduce the number of students together at one time to adhere to the CDC’s guidelines.
We would like to encourage parents of children 6 years old and older to drop off their children and refrain from crowds in the parent room. As always, we ask that if you or your child are showing any signs of illness, i.e. fever, cough, runny nose, that you stay home and contact the office so a make-up token can be assigned to you
We want everyone to know that we respect everyone’s decisions that they are making at this time. We hope you will in turn respect ours as we navigate this challenge never faced before. We are here to service our families and in doing so, our offering camp as a means to support those families unable to work from home. Recognizing this unexpected financial impact, we are waiving any early drop-off/late pickup fees that are normally charged during break camps. We have purchased additional equipment to set up computer stations for e-learning. For those families choosing to remain home, we are offering make-up tokens without an expiration date.
Our goal is for the children to have some small sense of normalcy throughout this situation. As always, thank you for being part of the BIO family. We appreciate your support during this time of uncertainty.